Friday, December 3, 2010

Holiday Thank You

This was brought up by another tenant a short while ago, but I'll bring it up again.

Is there any interest in getting together to purchase a gift card for some of the building cleaning &  maintenance staff? We would need  a safe secure way to collect the money. Perhaps a Target or Safeway gift card would be appreciated at this time of year. Perhaps there is an online method we could set up with some vendor.

What do you think?

BTW, does anyone know the names of the maintenance and cleaning staff. Melena is the cleaning woman, I know that much. I would love to have a picture of each one to post on the blog and to say thank you, but for obvious reasons I can't take the photo.

10 comments:

  1. I'm looking into a way to do this online so that people can login and contribute. So far I'm looking at Elfster. Anyone have any other ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Ramon is one of the names.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elfster doesn't work but here are a few sites that may. (sorry about the cart before the horse, but I'm busy at work).

    http://www.edivvy.com/
    http://www.fromeveryone.com/index.php
    http://www.frumus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Floyd is the big tall guy - say hi to him next time you see him - he's super nice. Also, the pic of the dirty carpet - I think our building service folks are fantastic, so the pic on the right gives a bad representation of them. The problem isn't quality of their work, it's quantity of building service people to actually keep the building clean and fully functional.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Concerned. The carpet mess may say more about the tenants. Anyway, it is what it is.

    And you're right. The building services folks are fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'd pitch in. let me know what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just a point of clarification - I sent some pictures in (in fact, the one with the dirty carpet), but the goal is to point out that there isn't enough staff to clean, not that the maintenance staff isn't doing their job. I just want to make that clear.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy to donate. At the very least, a card.

    ReplyDelete