Thursday, October 21, 2010

Volunteers to Copy and Hang Posters Needed

I will create a poster announcing the meeting if I can get a volunteer to make some copies and post them around the building.

I also plan on creating a short list for the moderator to bring based upon some of your suggestions. The meeting will be by no means restricted to these topics, but the list can serve as a starting point.

Do I have a volunteer with paper and a sharp pencil to assist the moderator as Sargent at Arms?

If I may make a suggestion...As this meeting is really just a starting point for accomplishing our goals going forward, I think this meeting will be successful if we accomplish these few things:
  • Create a list of volunteers to collect grievances.
  • Create a schedule for regular meetings.
  • Create a means by which representatives can receive your concerns. (ie. Email list)
  • Create a list of grievances.
  • Create a list of possible solutions to those grievances.
I think if those goals are achieved that we can count this as a worthy first step.

11 comments:

  1. Happy to help out - you have our email address :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that this is not only a meeting about grievances, I'd like to propose one other topic. Not sure if the building already does this, but it would be nice to organize the collection of donations for building staff (cleaning and maintenance personnel) for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a great idea anonymous @4:45. I think it would be a good idea to do at least something for the the maintenance staff that doesn't look demeaning.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't look demeaning?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes. I think something like that has to be done thoughtfully.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Agreed, although I don't think it will be too difficult since many of the buildings I've lived in have collected "holiday bonuses" for the non-management people that work there.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Agreed! Like I said. It's a great idea.
    How do we proceed with this idea?

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1) make sure there isn't already something set up (don't know since i wasn't here last year), 2) figure out a secure way to collect, 3) figure out how to publicize collection.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you perhaps suggesting this is something I should do? Or maybe it's something you would like to initiate.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nope, I was proposing it as an agenda item for the meeting.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds good. We'll add it to the list.

    ReplyDelete