Friday, July 16, 2010

Is There Something Strange Happening on the 12th Floor?

I've heard a strange rumor about a new tenant on floor 12, but I certainly don't want to jump the gun. Has anyone noticed some "unusual" goings on up there? Maybe a lot of people coming and going from one apartment? I understand there are WIGS involved. Drop me a line and let me know what you've seen.

BTW, I could really use the help of other tenants to help keep the strangeness in this building to a minimum. It would be really helpful if one or more tenants on each floor would write me with concerns from their floor whenever it happens. It would also be helpful to send jpegs illustrating the point when possible. A phone camera is fine.

It doesn't have to be a formal thing either, and of course you can remain anonymous, but it would be a tremendous help to me, as I can't be everywhere or know everything. We can't have too many people on any given floor either, so don't opt out because you think someone else might do it. Help keep our environment pleasant. This includes the building, the neighborhood, and the people.

Oh, and please use good sense. I'm not looking for personal gossip, I'm talking about information that would enhance our living situation.

5 comments:

  1. I live on the 12th floor and I think I know the person that you're talking about. There is a lady that lives in that apartment that apparently is a hair stylist and has a lot of clients coming and going.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If someone's operating a business out of their apartment, they're in direct violation of their lease, and possibly the law.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think and quite sure her husband is a fashion designer and your jumping to conclusions about them, and I should report people who come in buildings with large amounts of achalol is diffinately against the law. But whose talking about that with the person not have a liquor liscence ,but I mind my bussiness about things that are not harming me . We need to get to know our neighbors before we judge them . And I work don't have time to be that nosey in other business I guess we have u for the. What are you up to in your apt?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think anybody has reached any conclusions. Just a few people wondering what's up. People have a right to know what's going on around their living situation, you know.

    You see people bringing in all kinds of alcohol I encourage you to speak up. This ain't no club situation either.

    Nosey is putting you nose where it don't belong. Somebody starts messing where I live and their BS starts effecting my quality of life...well then I'm gonna say something.

    I'm not alone either. The majority of people in this building want to live peacefully and call this place home. We don't need any knuckleheads in the building.

    I'm not saying this is you either. And this blog isn't about me. It's about people trying to make their living situation proper. Dig?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm the one who first wrote the email to the blog and I'm not judging.

    I was downstairs one Saturday morning getting a cup of coffee and this gentleman was downstairs and had a flock of guests (who all appeared to be hairstylists and their clients) as well as a huge box of wigs. That would raise a red flag with anyone.

    I'm slightly concerned that someone is running a business out of their apartment, if I was running one out of my apartment, I would expect my neighbors to be concerned as well.

    With regards to the alcohol, to each their own, however, when it turns the common areas into instant parties, I have a problem. Last Friday night was a good example. I came home around 10pm, and there was a bunch of 'boom-boom bass' coming from the community room. I'm certainly glad my apartment is on the other side of the building.

    It's called simple respect, that's it.

    ReplyDelete