Thursday, October 1, 2009

Man! They're really making this hard for me.

Look. I love dogs. I really do. I've had dogs of my own and it has been a wonderful and rewarding experience BUT...as I walked down the lobby hallway to my apartment today, and for the third day in a row, the hallway smells of piss and ammonia and crap...jeez I'm trying here... and there are wet spots on the carpet.

I'm not saying that you shouldn't have a dog, but really now...okay I'm gonna say it...you really should be...SHOULD BE smarter than the dog. Ok I said it. I know I'm going to get hell for this but Ok I said it. I know this is a "dog friendly" building, but that does not mean dogs rule the building. Ok? This is this, that is that. Dogs aren't on the lease.

Ok I feel better. Only a little bit, but I feel better.
Oh and I want to apologize in advance for any dog whose name IS on the lease.

3 comments:

  1. I noticed that smell this weekend (though the smell went away by the end of Sunday). I don't know what your experience is, but I think the maintenance/cleaning staff is quite good and maybe their performance sometimes masks the management's more hands-off approach to things.

    Responding to a previous suggestion you made, I think that some sort of tenants association, even if it amounts to very informal gatherings to briefly discuss apartment-related issues, is a good idea.

    My perspective is that for the next year or so Jefferson is my home and I care about my home and want to help improve it. On balance, I really, really like it here but also know there are some problems/rough edges with the complex and others who aren't having as great of experiences. So even if the problems don't directly affect me, I'm interested in helping out where I can.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like you Mozart. You're ok with me.

    Having said that...like you, I'm here at least for the term of my lease and I'd like to make the best of it too. Here's my tactic! Don't have ANYTHING to do with the building's management unless you have to! It has served me well. I like my apartment just fine--the walls are a bit thin and it has caused me a little grief with my neighbor, but all in all it's not bad--that is IF you use my proven methodology of not having ANYTHING to do with the management unless you have to.

    I understand your glass is half full perspective and that's a good thing. But this is a new building and it seems to be going downhill fast. The management not only seems disinterested but also part of the downward spiral. There is no excuse for that. I think an approach questioning developments around here is warranted. Do you think change will happen if we all keep quiet? Uh Uh. Nope.

    I think they need to brush up on their corporate creed! (See later posting or visit cool framed creed in leasing office)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not making excuses but I do know that there is a dog in the building that is very old and she can’t always make it outside, and the little boy who walks her, doesn’t always know what to do with her. Edward at the front desk tries to do what he can to help. I feel bad for the dog, the little boy and Edward, whoever is the adult in that household should be taking care of the situation. I as a dog owner agree with you and wish some of the other residents would clean up after their animals more than they do.

    ReplyDelete