Tuesday, March 22, 2011

8th floor garbage: the truth about things

A post request from Nimrod. 
When residents put recyclable items on the floor in this room they think they are recycling. Wrongo, because I (the garbage bandit:) simply pick the stinky stuff up and toss it down the shoot.  Just like the dogs in this place the alleged recyclables stink and cause a mess. So I (the garbage bandit:) have taken the law into my own hands.

So if you want to be green take your recyclables downstairs or I will throw them down the shoot and you will have to live with the guilt of all the harm you have caused the environment. There is no guilt on my part because I don’t care.

The alternative fix is for management to put two containers in the garbage room, one for paper and one for bottles and cans. 

Until that happens and I suspect it never will, when you put recyclables in this room, I (the garbage bandit:) will throw the alleged recyclables down the shoot with the regular garbage causing our earth great harm.

Leave your dog in here and he takes a ride too.

3 comments:

  1. For shame Nimrod.
    I am all for recycling. This egregious act will certainly set your Karma back for several millennia. You must you have done some very awful things in a past life to be so evil?

    Folks, particularly those on the eighth floor, please do NOT put your recycling in the trash room. Take it downstairs, you lazy sacks of…
    For the sake of this guy’s soul, get your garbage downstairs where it belongs.

    EARTH TO MANAGEMENT…when the hell are you going to get a clue and put recycling bins in all of the trash rooms? Now THAT would be “luxury.”

    ReplyDelete
  2. And this is what happens when management doesn't chime in. SInce I've been here, I have not only made a formal request to have recycle bins put in the garbage rooms, but I've talked about it with other residents who have voiced the same request.

    Is it so hard to put a few extra bins in the garbage room to control the mess? I would say this would also help the maintenance people who are stuck with cleaning it up.

    The floors in the garbage rooms could use a major bleaching - the one on the 2nd floor is nasty.

    Agree TJ, earth to management is right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agree with the bins in each trash room. I've yet to live in a building that DOESN'T supply recylce bins on each floor.

    ReplyDelete