Monday, March 21, 2011

The more things change...

Below is a post that was originally posted in another thread, but I thought it was important enough to post as it's own topic. It seems that there are some points that are made necessary by the tenant roulette that is played by this building that need reiterating over and over.

Dirty Tenants

Dear residents,
Please clean up ALL YOUR DOG PISS AND POOP - not only outside, but INSIDE. I am REPULSED to have seen dog "accidents" inside and the owners WALK AWAY from cleaning it up!

I'm also repulsed that clearly tenants do not know how to throw their trash away. Our trash room is constantly a smelly mess. Who do tenants think they are NOT throwing their trash bags down the trash chute and just leaving bags on trash on the ground? This happens and trash stays on the ground for days! I am shocked at how lazy people are. This is already gross for other tenants, but it WILL cause rodents to make visits to our apartments.

And last, what drunk idiot stumbled in last night and left a pool of blood in the front elevator? CLEAN UP YOUR BLOOD! Is that too hard to ask? Its disgusting. Does this person not realize how incredibly disgusting and unsanitary this is? Does this person not realize there are children that live in the building?

Hey smokers! Clean up your butts! On the roof and in the front of the building! NOW! Its gross! And inconsiderate of others!

If management would actually do their job incidents like this would be addressed properly. Instead they just sit around all day and clearly do NOTHING.

--End of tenants post


I think most people do a pretty good job of cleaning up after their dogs, but there are always those who persist in not owning up to their responsibility as pet owners. I have witnessed some of them myself. To not clean up after your pet in front of the building is inexcusable and it makes one wonder what trailer park you grew up in. Still, there are others who think that if you take your dog across the street it's okay to leave the mess over there. I guess they don't walk to the Metro. That strip of grass is hazardous to ones...well, shoes at very least. Pet owners, if you can't be fully responsible for your pet, then you shouldn't own one. That goes for the person whose large dog barks out the window at the back of the building all night.

I'll go one better than the poster about cleaning their blood up out of the elevator. Get the hell out of the building jackass! Who knows what lurks in your nasty fluids?

IMO smokers have long been one of the most oblivious classes of people that I have ever seen (although the girl who threw her flossing instrument out the car window in front of the building yesterday kind of burns me up too. Have you seen these little plastic things on the ground before? New phenomena!) I HATE litterbugs. But smokers don't even consider their butts litter evidently, or maybe they just want all of us to enjoy their habit.  I've got a new smoking tenant on my floor . How do I know? Because he or she is stinking up the whole wing of the building's hallway. Smokers should be required to have a door sweep to keep all that deliciousness to themselves.

The trash room can be a mess. People aren't mindful of how they dispose of their trash, and I can understand that--it's trash, but really in a building this large things can deteriorate quickly. There are those that also insist on leaving their recycling in the trash room too. It's true, vermin can be a problem in trash areas, but also bugs. People come into this building from all kinds of other living situations and to bring bugs from one building to this one is no great stretch. I've actually seen a cockroach crawling across the hallway floor. Welcome to the building!

It appears that management has done a little bit to make communication with them easier, such as the e-mail blasts, but are these are largely superficial gains. What do you think? Let me know what you think about the leasing office's recent improvements.

4 comments:

  1. I've considered hanging a sign in the trash room on my floor asking people to throw away pizza boxes. Stacking them up on the floor as recycling is going to attract roaches. I see it every weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep. The opne thing roaches really love is cardboard, especially wet cardboard

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anony - YOU have considered hanging a sign? This is great, but YOU shouldn't have to do this. Management should - oh I dont' know - get up from their desk and actually walk around the building to check things out? Maintenance is likely too busy fixing all the shoddy construction and appliances and there is only one cleaning woman and you can't count on concierge to do anything (especially - god forbid - get your packages for you). I think management needs to walk around and take a look at their community and ask themselves if they would want to live here. I'd be embarrassed to show this place to prospective residents with how dirty it can be.

    The blood on the elevator sounds disgusting - I hope management watched the video from the elevator to find out who did (and left!) it.

    I too get annoyed at the smokers who lounge around out front - right in front of the doors - and smoke. Its really inconsiderate. I am though, confused why there aren't cigarette trays or trash cans out front to help mitigate the collection of garbage (because we all know the beer bottles that are left on the ground after the weekend).

    I haven't noticed any dog messes in the building, but the grassy area across the street did smell really toxic for a while (I called the gas company because I thought it was a gas leak once!). The landscaping (or lack thereof) in this area could use some serious work. This building has zero curb appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous:
    I honestly don't think management cares all that much to actually get up and walk around. Enforcement would require efforts beyond getting up of their chairs. I have lived here a year and half and have never seen a place so poorly managed.
    It could be a really pretty and thriving building . . if the management staff would actually manage the building.

    ReplyDelete