Thursday, November 12, 2009

You don't say!

Sometimes I get email from readers that is not intended for posting on the blog.  Recently I received such an e-mail from a reader who was expressing their frustration with the rental office. The reader has offered to let me post some of their concerns as long as I can maintain their anonymity, which I am happy to do.

Their frustrations were born out of an inability to get appropriate service from the rental office concerning their lease and the renting of a storage unit. Now, without going into sufficient enough detail as to expose the reader let's just say that their requests went unanswered. Several times!

It is simply unfathomable to me that the rental office does not understand that their first order of business is to see that the current tenants of the building receive the kind of service that their monthly rent deserves.

You would think that paying well in excess of $2,000 a month for rent would entitle the tenant to a simple return phone call or a follow up on a promises to preform some service. The really maddening thing about this is that I hear the same complaints being made over and over again and the rental office either doesn't care, or is incapable of handling their duties. Neither option is very encouraging, and neither is acceptable.

Some cooler heads in the building have suggested that we wait for them to iron out the bugs, but it seems that those bugs are not being ironed out. These are simple issues like "can you send me a copy of my lease" "I would like to rent a storage unit" "My neighbor plays loud music all night." "May I get a spare key." These are day to day issues that a rental office should be able to handle with ease.  If theses "bugs" aren't ironed out within, say a month, then we need NEW PEOPLE "ironing" in the rental office, people who know what SERVICE means. 

No dears! You are not fashion models. You work for us. For the betterment of our rental experience! Service goes beyond the moment of the signing of the lease. I wonder what the parent companies response to seeing this blog would be? It's a tough job market out there. Pick it up a notch or you will be gone!

5 comments:

  1. If you would like a copy of your lease, please let us know, we will now be emailing pdf copies. People are finding this easier to keep in their personal files.

    Someone from the Leasing Office.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent. This is useful information and proactive service. I thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear! I've submitted my application. The apartment will be facing the courtyard. Does that mean my baby will not have his sleep during summer because of the rowdiness down below? Please let me know because I still have a bit of time to pull out of the application.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't want to give you any misinformation, but it has been said that the courtyard plays hosts to some roudiness during the warm months. I don't think you should let anyone tell you otherwise either. If you can get an apartment in the back I think you will be thankful.
    Anyone out there with some firsthand knowledge?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. Anyone out there with first hand knowledge, please revert. This is a great blog.

    ReplyDelete