Sunday, January 23, 2011

A post request from a tenant

Has anyone else tried to pay monthly rent using the now-available online debit process?  I attempted to use what I thought would be a more convenient payment method...that is ,until I got to the actual payment site wherein a $40 per transaction fee would also be debited form my account --EACH MONTH. So ,by making it easier for everyone,including the Jefferson,we pay almost $500($480 to be exact) a year . Th leasing Office admitted that this doesn't make any sense. As a new tenant,any suggestions how the tenant association(is there one?) could do something en masse to remedy this idiotic fee?

7 comments:

  1. That's a good question about the tenant's association.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the tenant association lost a little steam during the holidays, but should be getting together soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That processing fee was outlined in your lease and is an option should you want to do it, though I'm continuing to write a physical check and drop it off at the rental office. They process it as an electronic payment, but without the $40 fee. Make them do the work...not your bank account.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jay, making the leasing office do the work has led to the leasing office misplacing checking and making accusations of non payment. It's lose-lose around here. Two former leases I had in DC had online payments (and online access to post maintenance issues, etc) -- for free. This place is way behind and does nothing to provide convenience to residents.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to agree with Anonymous 10:23. I've received erroneous non-payment notices at least a half dozen times. It's getting a little tiring.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As management might say, if you don't like it, move somewhere else. Find somewhere that offers free online rent payment. Want to break your lease? Tough luck.

    Management subscribes to Stalin's old adage, "If someone has a problem, get rid of the person, and you get rid of the problem."

    ReplyDelete
  7. With all my monthly payments, that I have to make. Rent, utilities, and business expenses for my small business, I use ACH Services, so that I have the time to focus on other events in my life.

    ReplyDelete